Wow! I asked for your favorite quotes and the response has already been overwhelming! Take for example, this submission from Linda M.
* Before you start the day, Stop and FIND a blessing (my grandmother) - she always said, everyone focuses on the expectation of a miracle, when what they really need is to reflect on the blessing given each day - that we have come to expect!
* DON’T treat others the way YOU want to be treated. Treat them the way THEY want to be treated! (I review this daily - I need to keep reminding myself, that some people have a life!!)
* At the end of the day, you are in control of your reality. Never forget it.
Thanks BB for these:
* People will commit to what they helped build.
* Set the expectation, provide resources, review the results, reward accomplishments, evaluate failures.
* Executives spend millions and countless hours searching for ways to increase revenue/profits. Yet some never discover the impact a simple "thank you for your hard work" can do.
* Sales are down - the floggings will continue. :-)
Albert Einstein…..”You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.”
Can you relate to these from Bill?
* The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. ~ Martin Luther King , Jr.
* Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there. ~ Will Rogers
"Opportunity usually presents itself at the most in-opportune time (and it typically never presents itself again.)" ~ Lou S.
Perhaps you like these from Paul:
* The first is a quote from Vince Lombardi who said the difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength or knowledge but a lack of will.
* The second quote I like is from Martin Luther King who said the ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort but where he stands in times of challenges.
* The third is from Benjamin Franklin who said Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.
LOVE these from A.M.!
"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." Maya Angelou
"I don't look to jump over 7 foot bars; I look around for 1 foot bars that I can step over." Warren Buffett
"I cook with wine; sometimes I even add it to the food." WC Fields
"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit: no sense being a damn fool about it." WC Fields
A lofty goal from D:
My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am.
You can’t have a happy ending to an unhappy journey.
Choices of action are limited but choices of thought are not ...
B submitted this one from Madeline Albright. It is “There is a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women”.
Since I am out of room and have hundreds more, I will post others on Facebook or Twitter as received. Keep 'em coming! THANKS.